What should I consider when purchasing a hearing aid?
The two factors to consider while purchasing a hearing device are sound quality and comfort. It is important to choose a sound amplifier that enables you to hear with perfect clarity but fits well and can be worn comfortably for long periods.
How do I wear a hearing aid?
Simply insert the apparatus gently into ear and place the device on the curve behind the ear. Consult the instructional manual for visual instructions. Do not use excessive force while inserting the device and ensure it fits behind the ear.
How do I take care of my hearing aid?
Follow these steps to ensure to maintain the hearing aid.
- Keep the hearing aid away from heat and moisture.
- Replace dead batteries immediately.
- Clean it regularly, only with a soft cloth or brush. Do not use water or cleaning fluid.
- Turn off your hearing aid when it is not in use.
- Avoid using hairspray, oil and other hair care products while using the hearing aid.
Do hearing aids really work today?
Yes, personal listening devices are medically tested and proven to be effective and very useful for people who are hard of hearing. Consult your otolaryngologist or ENT specialist before purchasing an ear device.
How often should I change my hearing aid battery?
Portable hearing amplifier batteries can last between 3 to 22 days, depending on the model and how long you use it for on a daily basis. Most hearing aids will give a signal when the battery is low.